Warnings & Instructions
||WARNING: FLAMMABLE. EYE IRRITANT. Contains ethanol and less than 4% methanol.
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE, DISPOSAL, AND STORAGE BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
- KEEP AND STORE AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
- Eye irritation may occur if fuel contacts eyes. If fuel is touched, avoid contact with eyes and wash hands immediately. If eye contact occurs, immediately flush eyes with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eye lids open. If irritation persists, seek medical care or contact Poison Control (1-800-222-1222).
- For outdoor use only.
- Flamedisk® is a charcoal alternative. Do not use in a gas grill. Do not use lighter fluid.
- Follow instructions and warnings provided by grill manufacturer when using this product.
- Do not peel film cover from FlameDisk® until ready to light.
- When Flamedisk® is in use:
- Flame may be difficult to see and Flamedisk® will be hot.
- Keep away from materials that can catch fire (e.g., leaves, paper plates). Never use on a surface that can catch fire.
- Do not leave unattended before it has extinguished and cooled.
- Do not place food directly on FlameDisk®.
- When ready to light, peel off film cover exposing the holes of the Flamedisk®.
- The fuel in the Flamedisk® requires air to work. Make sure the top of the Flamedisk® is not pressed into the fuel. If the top is pressed into the fuel there may not be enough air. Use a tool to carefully lift up the top and create space for air.
- Remove food grate from grill. Place Flamedisk® in bottom of grill in level position with the holes facing up. Fully open all grill vents.
- With a BIC® Multi-Purpose lighter or long match, light fuel through any one of the outer holes. Flame will automatically spread. WARNING! Flame may be hard to see. Assume fuel is lit, even if you do not see flames.
- Carefully replace food grate, wait 4 minutes, then cook food. Do not close grill lid. The Flamedisk® cooks food at about the same rate and temperature as charcoal.
- Flamedisk® will burn for approximately 35-45 minutes. Burn all fuel completely and allow Flamedisk® to cool before handling. See disposal instructions below.
- Flamedisk® will burn for approximately 35-45 minutes before fuel is used up. Before disposing of Flamedisk®, burn all fuel completely and then let cool an additional 10 minutes before handling. WARNING! Flame may be hard to see and may burn below the top of the Flamedisk®. Make sure flame is extinguished and Flamedisk® has cooled before touching it or disposing of it.
- If it is necessary to extinguish flame before all fuel is burned completely, cover grill with lid and close all grill vents. Alternatively, carefully extinguish by pouring approximately 1 cup of water evenly over the top of the FlameDisk®. Let Flamedisk® cool an additional 10 minutes before handling. WARNING! Avoid getting water/fuel mixture on clothing or skin. Do not attempt to extinguish flames by blowing on them.
- Do not relight Flamedisk® after flame has been extinguished. Flamedisk® is a non-refillable single use product.
- Dispose of cool Flamedisk® in your trash or recycle according to local requirements for recycling of aluminum. May only be recyclable in communities where aluminum products may be recycled.
Store away from flame, sparks and heat. FlameDisk® may take longer to light if stored at colder temperatures (below 50º F).